Thursday 6 September 2012

Fun In The Sun

So today I went for a picnic and a long walk in the countryside with my lovely best friend Rosie. We bought loads of (healthy) snacks - even though I did sneak a milky way into the basket - and took my picnic rug in my big Cath Kidston bag and off we went. We did a five mile walk (over a scary bridge - not ideal when your friend is terrified of heights!) But she was brave and we went over it twice. It was SUCH a beautiful day today and the sun shone down all afternoon. We did a bit of sunbathing and I will say I'm glad the kids are back at school because it was so peaceful and quiet. With the exception of a few old couples with their dogs, we were the only people there. 

We watched clouds for a bit and made lots of shapes out of them then had a deep and meaningful talk about places we want to go on holiday! Rosie even went cricket hunting - and she caught one - twice! I don't know how she does it. She's like Dr Doolittle haha! Anyway I'm back at home now and looking forward to my second day off tomorrow - I've got a riding lesson so let's hope this sun sticks around because I miss riding outside!













No comments:

Post a Comment